Welcome to a study in the book of Ephesians!

I'm so glad you decided to join me! God's Word is life to us! It is our instruction manuel for life. The Bible contains the "ABC's"of Christian living. Many times we struggle and struggle to live a godly life. God doesn't want you to struggle, but He does require us to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling". That just means work out that walk with Him individually. Figure out what to do and then do it! He has given you the answers in His book of books - the Bible! Let's discover what it is saying to you. Let the Holy Spirit teach you! By the way, you must be born again to understand this book.
How do you get "born again"? In John 3, Jesus says you must be born of the Spirit. That means your Spirit needs to be revived, brought to life. Only Jesus can do that!Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life". As a matter of fact, He also said that there was one way to the Father. That way was through Him. He wasn't just a prophet or good man. He is the Son of God. God created you. God loves you. God wants you to have a relationship with Him. How? One way. Believe. Believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Believe that He died on the cross to delete your sin and get you to a place where you can know God here on earth and see Him face to face when you die. That's it. Do it today!

Oh yes. Please comment on the posts! I would love to hear what God has revealed to you about Genesis! Let the journey begin!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Works Verses Fruit

I hope you had a great weekend. I know I did. Let's continue with Galatians 5:16 - 26. Just the title of this post tells it all. You can have two ways of living. You can live by works or have fruit appear from your life. I prefer fruit appearing, don't you? The sinful nature and the Spirit are contrary to each other. There is a conflict here. Living in a sinful world there will be conflict. The key here is to be led by the Spirit (verse18). How do you get in the mode of being "led by the Spirit"? Well, first you must know what the acts of the sinful nature are. These are listed in verses 19-21. Keep reading the list, you'll hit one that applies to you. I promise. So, now you know what that nature does, so if you do one of those, it's not from the Spirit. Okay, now look at the fruit of the Spirit. The word "fruit" is singular. It means all of these manifestations of the Spirit led life are all one fruit. Fruit really means what is produced in your life by the life you lead. Verse 24 says you who belong to Christ have "crucified your sinful nature with it's passions and desires". So, we are to "keep in step" with the Spirit. I picture the Holy Spirit walking with me wherever I go. When I feel one of the works of the flesh rising within me, I have the Holy Spirit to lead me away from the temptation and not only that, but the Holy Spirit empowers me to make the right choice. Then the fruit shows up instead. I teach art at a local school. It's a Christian school. When the children begin to act up, I remind them them have the Holy Spirit in them, therefore they have self control. So, if you begin to act up, remind yourself, you are in step with and empowered by the Holy Spirit at all times. Let the fruit appear in your life. Verse 26 - let humility rule! Remember, it's not you doing the work, it's God.
  • "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
  • For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Philippines2:12,13

No comments:

Post a Comment