Welcome to a study in the book of Ephesians!

I'm so glad you decided to join me! God's Word is life to us! It is our instruction manuel for life. The Bible contains the "ABC's"of Christian living. Many times we struggle and struggle to live a godly life. God doesn't want you to struggle, but He does require us to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling". That just means work out that walk with Him individually. Figure out what to do and then do it! He has given you the answers in His book of books - the Bible! Let's discover what it is saying to you. Let the Holy Spirit teach you! By the way, you must be born again to understand this book.
How do you get "born again"? In John 3, Jesus says you must be born of the Spirit. That means your Spirit needs to be revived, brought to life. Only Jesus can do that!Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life". As a matter of fact, He also said that there was one way to the Father. That way was through Him. He wasn't just a prophet or good man. He is the Son of God. God created you. God loves you. God wants you to have a relationship with Him. How? One way. Believe. Believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Believe that He died on the cross to delete your sin and get you to a place where you can know God here on earth and see Him face to face when you die. That's it. Do it today!

Oh yes. Please comment on the posts! I would love to hear what God has revealed to you about Genesis! Let the journey begin!

Friday, October 1, 2010

It Is Good


I love that God said of His creation "It is good". He said it seven times. Light, heavens, ground,planets and stars, fish and birds, animals and humans, rest. All good. Don't you love all these things, too? You like what God likes. You were made in His image. I live in Georgia and I love these fall evenings. I look up in the sky and see the stars and think - that's really good. I see the Smokey Mountains and think - good! I go to Lake Allatoona near our home, sit at the lake and think - really good. I see my son sleeping and think - you are good God! I'm not sure anything in creation is bad. My niece, Michelle, and I were driving one day from our church to home. The prettiest small grasshopper was on my side window. He stayed there the whole trip. We worried about him as the wind became strong as I drove. He hung on. When we stopped we marveled at his ability to stay on the window. We looked at his tiny eyes and watched him clean his face. I figured he is a dare devil teenager and loves to ride car windows! He was beautiful - good one God! All of these creations shout - there is a God! Here I am! Look at Me! Evolution - come on! It's a THEORY. An unproven theory. Unproven and will never be proven. Interesting idea, but not true. God? Absolutely. There is such order to this planet, the chances that this world was created by a god is greater than the chances of evolution being true. Now, notice that the Bible says that in the creation of man, it says, "Let us create man in our image" (verse 26). Who is the "us" there? Well, that would be God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. The trinity. We have a couple scriptures supporting this. John 1:3 says, "Through Him (Jesus) all things were made, without Him nothing was made that was made". Colossians1:16 says, "...all things were created by Him and for Him". I encourage you to look these up. Jesus was in heaven from the beginning. He was involved heavily in the creation process. We will discuss the creation of man and woman tomorrow. Until then, go outside. Look up, or around or down. It was all made for you to enjoy. It's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment